We are currently looking for a MICE Manager to join our vibrant and talented sales team.
South African Travellers is an inbound tour operator focusing on the sale of tailor-made holiday packages and services to the French-speaking market. Core markets are France, Belgium and Switzerland. We are expanding our services to the MICE Market and are therefore looking for a Senior MICE Manager to join our exciting team !
Our Company is headquartered in Cape Town and has operations and partnerships across South Africa, Mozambique and Namibia. Established in 2007, we have expanded rapidly and have become a leader in the individual foreign traveler’s market (FIT). We market our services both directly and indirectly through an extensive network of partners including travel agencies and
For this position: You would be driving the business development of the MICE (group and incentive) operations.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Full responsibility for the existing group portfolio including motorbike, photographic and safari tours;
- Management of new RFP for groups and incentive;
- Develop new business generation through trade fairs and networking;
- Design itineraries, negotiate with accommodation partners, handle & confirm bookings;
- Train, manage trainees and participate to the recruitment of an employee;
- Scope limited to French-speaking groups travelling in South Africa.
The type of experience we require:
At least 2 to 3 years of experience in the inbound MICE industry.
Your special skills we are looking for:
- Good command of English (spoken and written);
- Fluent in French (spoken and written);
- Knowledge of South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique is a plus;
- Passionate about travel;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong new business development skills;
- Customer oriented;
- Strong commercial awareness;
- Strong time management skills;
- Flexible, open-minded, dynamic, pro-active
Position based in our offices in the city center of Cape Town.
Duration & Timing: Full-time employee / Starting a.s.a.p.
Remuneration: Market-related fixed salary + attractive bonus package.
Join us and share your passion for South Africa!
Send your motivation letter & CV to [email protected]
Candidate will be contacted upon acceptance to arrange interview.